Staff Selection Commission (SSC) comes under Indian Government announced for a competitive examination for Constable (Executive). Both Male and Female candidates are welcome to attend the examination. On 26th September 1977 Subordinate Services Commission was changed to Staff Selection Commission. Today's function of Staff Selection Commission came to effect from June 1 1990.
SSC announced 6000 vacancies for Lower Division Clerk & many postings. Interested and eligible candidates can apply through online. Full details for this notification is given below.
- Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA)
- Postal Assistant (PA)/Sorting Assistant (SA)
- Data Entry Operator, Grade 'A'
Total no of vacancies: 6000 (tentative)
Last date to Apply: 15.12.2020
Last date to Pay Online Fees: 17-12-2020 (up to 11:20 Pm)
Last date to generate Offiline Challan: 19.12.2020
Last date for payment through Challan: 21-12-2020
|Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA)||₹19,900 - ₹63,200|
|Postal Assistant (PA)/Sorting Assistant (SA)||₹25,500 - ₹81,100|
|Data Entry Operator (DEO)||₹25,500 - ₹81,100|
|Data Entry Operator, Grade 'A'||₹25,500 - ₹81,100|
Age Limit: 18 - 27 years
|PwD (Unreserved)||10 years|
|PwD (SC/ST)||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (ESM)||03 years after deduction of the military service|
|Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.||03 years|
|Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof (SC/ST).||08 years|
|Central Government Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications.||Up to 40 years|
|Central Government Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications (SC/ST).||Up to 45 years|
|Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried||Up to 35 years|
|Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried (SC/ST)||Up to 40 years|
Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA)
Postal Assistant (PA)/Sorting Assistant (SA)
|12th Standard Pass or equivalent examination|
Data Entry Operator (DEO)
|12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject|
Application Fees: ₹100/- (Except for Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Ex-servicemen (ESM))
How to Apply
- Go to their official website https://ssc.nic.in/
- If you have Login credentials login with your login id else click on register now and fill up the One time registration form and upload your recent photograph and signature, then
- Click on the apply button in the top navigation bar.
- Follow the instruction and complete the application.
- Computer Based Examination (Tier-I),
- Descriptive Paper (Tier-II)
- Skill Test/ Typing Test (Tier-III).
- The metric systems of weights and measures will be used.
Tier-I (Computer Based Examination):
|Part||Subject (Not in sequence)||Number of Questions/ Maximum Marks||Time Duration (For all four Parts)|
|I||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25/ 50||60 Minutes|
|II||General Intelligence||25/ 50|
|III||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25/ 50|
|IV||General Awareness||25/ 50|
Tier-II (Descriptive Paper)
- Tier-II Paper will be a descriptive Paper of 100 Marks in ‘Pen and Paper’ Mode. The duration of the Descriptive Paper will be for one hour.
- The Paper will comprise of writing Essay/ Letter/ Application/ Precis etc.
Tier-III (Skill Test/ Typing Test)
- Skill Test/ Typing Test for the shortlisted candidates will be conducted.
- Skill Test/ Typing Test will be conducted.
*For full details refer official notification (Link given below)
Application has been closed for this post. You may try other related jobs given below:
- NIS Chennai Recruitment 2021 - Hospital Superintendent Posting | Apply now
- CUTN Tiruvarur Recruitment 2021 - Project Assistant posting | Apply now
- Coir Board - Officer, Assistant, Manager, Clerk, Stenographer, and Other Postings
- Looking for a job at Bank of Baroda?
- NITK, Surathkal - Technical Asst/ Jr Engineer/ SAS Asst, Superintendent