Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is a recruitment board for public sector banks, now announced computer-based online examination on 4th of August 2020. In this article lets see the IBPS examination process and the exam pattern and syllabus. Follow the link for the full details about the notification of IBPS 2020 https://kodigital.in/jobs/jobinfo/institute-banking-personnel-selection-probationary-officer-recruitment-2020/
Syllabus for both IBPS Prelims and Main Exams is given in the last section.
Posting: Probationary Officer
- Prelims Examination
- Main Examination
Exam wise Marks
|Name of the Exam||Total Marks|
Language of the Examination: English or Hindi
Allotment of marks: Each question carries 1 mark
Negative Marks: Each wrong answer has 1/4 negative mark to the assigned mark.
IBPS PO Prelims Examination Pattern
IBPS Probationary Officer Prelims is 1-hour duration examination with 100 marks of total marks. The exam pattern is given as follows
|S.no||Subject||No. of questions||Max. Marks||Medium of Exam||Time allotted for each subject|
|1||English Language||30||30||English||20 minutes|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||English & Hindi||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||English & Hindi||20 minutes|
- Candidates must secure minimum cut-off in each subject in order to clear the examination.
- For every wrong answer, 0.25 negative mark is applied
IBPS PO Main Examination Pattern
|S.no||Name of Tests||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Time allotted for each test (Separately timed)|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||English & Hindi||60 minutes|
|2||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||English & Hindi||35 minutes|
|3||English Language||35||40||English||40 minutes|
|4||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||English & Hindi||45 minutes|
|6||English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)||2||25||English||30 Minutes|
- Candidates who clear the IBPS Main examination (CRP-PO/MT-X) will be called for the Interview.
- This interview will be conducted at the selected centres. The interview timing, venue details will be announced to the candidates through the call letters.
- Candidates should download the interview call letters in www.ibps.in
- Total marks for Interview is 100. Candidates are required to attain a minimum of 40% (35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWBD) to qualify.
Documents to be carried for interview
- Printout of the valid Interview Call Letter
- Valid system generated printout of the online application form registered for CRP-PO/MT-X
- Proof of Date of Birth (Birth Certificate issued by the Competent Municipal Authorities or SSLC/ Std. X Certificate with DOB)
- Photo Identify Proof as indicated in Point H(i)of the advertisement
- Mark-sheets or certificates for Graduation or equivalent qualification etc. Proper document from Board / University for having declared the result on or before 26.08.2020has to be submitted.
- Caste Certificate issued by the competent authority in the prescribed format as stipulated by the Government of India in the case of SC / ST / OBC category candidates. Candidates belonging to OBC category but coming under creamy layer and/ or if their caste does not find a place in the Central List are not entitled to OBC reservation. They should indicate their category as General in the online application form.
- Income and Asset Certificate issued by anyone of the Authorities as notified by the Government of India in the prescribed format in the case of EWS category candidates.
- Disability certificate in the prescribed format issued by the District Medical Board in case of Persons With Benchmark Disability category. If the candidate has used the services of a Scribe at the time of the online exam the duly filled in details of the scribe in the prescribed format
- An Ex-serviceman candidate has to produce a copy of the Service or Discharge book along with pension payment order and documentary proof of rank last / presently held (substantive as well as acting) at the time of interview. Those who are still in defence service should submit a certificate from a competent authority that they will be relieved from defence services, on or before 25.08.2021.
- Candidates serving in Government / quasi govt offices/ Public Sector Undertakings (including Nationalised Banks and Financial Institutions) are required to produce a “No Objection Certificate” from their employer at the time of the interview, in the absence of which their candidature will not be considered and travelling expenses, if any, otherwise admissible, will not be paid. The No Objection Certificate should not be issued for appearing in interview for selection to any particular participating organization as the Common Recruitment Process is for all participating organisations. Production of such conditional NOCs at the time of interview will not be considered and such candidates will not be permitted to participate in interview/will not be considered for the further selection process.
- Persons eligible for age relaxation under II (5) must produce a certificate from the District Magistrate to the effect that they are eligible for relief in terms of the Rehabilitation Package for 1984 Riot Affected Persons sanctioned by the Government and communicated vide Ministry of Finance, Dept. of Financial Services communication No.F.No.9/21/2006-IR dated 27.07.2007.
- Experience certificates, if any
- Persons falling in categories (2), (3), (4) and (5) of Point B (1) should produce a certificate of eligibility issued by the Govt. Of India
- Any other relevant documents in support of eligibility
Syllabus for IBPS PO Prelims Examination
IBPS PO Prelims examination is divided into three sections as follows,
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Reasoning Aptitude
- English Language
|Quantitative Aptitude||Reasoning Ability||English Language|
Syllabus for IBPS PO Main Examination
IBPS PO Main examination is divided into three sections as follows,
- Reasoning & Computer Aptitude
- General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness
- English Language
- Data Analysis & Interpretation
- English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)
|Quantitative Aptitude||Reasoning Ability||English Language||General Awareness and Computer Knowledge|
*For full details refer to the full notification.
All the best to the candidates from KoJobs Team!
Application has been closed for this post. You may try other related jobs given below:
- Bank of Baroda Recruitment 2022 - Manager and Other | Apply now
- Visakhapatnam Cooperative Bank Recruitment 2022 - Probationary Officer | Apply now
- karur Vysya bank - KVB Recruitment 2022 - Sales & Service Associates Posts | Apply now
- Union Bank SO Recruitment 2021 - Manager & many postings | Apply now
- Karur vysya bank recruitment - Business Development Associate posting | Apply now