THE INDIAN NAVY has been released the Job for SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION OFFICERS. Interested candidates can apply for this job on or before June 26, 2021. Application details have been included in the below post.
|Job Title||SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION OFFICERS|
|Organization||THE INDIAN NAVY|
|Job type||CENTRAL GOVT|
|Application opening date||June 12, 2021|
|Application closing date||June 26, 2021|
The Indian Navy is the naval branch of the Indian Armed Forces. The President of India is the Supreme Commander of the Indian Navy. The Chief of Naval Staff, a four-star admiral, commands the navy.
THE INDIAN NAVY INVITES APPLICATIONS FROM UNMARRIED MEN FOR SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION OFFICERS FOR EXTENDED NAVAL ORIENTATION COURSE – JAN 2022 (ST 22) COURSE
Post name and vacancy details
|SSC General Service (GS/X)||47|
|Post name||Eligible Qualifications|
|SSC General Service (GS/X)||BE/B.Tech in any discipline with a minimum of 60% marks|
Candidates who have graduated/post-graduated with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA or are in the final year from a university incorporated by an Act of Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities/Autonomous Universities under UGC, Act 1956; IIT Act, 1961; AICTE Act, 1987; NITZER Act, 2007; IIIT Act, 2014,
Obtained a degree in Engineering with 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA/System from such foreign university/college/institution recognized by the Government of India for Engineering Degree/equivalence certificate from Association of Indian Universities established under AIU, Act 1973, can apply. The candidate will, however, be required to fulfill the educational qualification stipulated above before joining INA. The candidate failing to meet stipulated educational criteria will not be permitted to join INA, Ezhimala.
|Post name||age limit|
|SSC General Service (GS/X)||02 Jan 1997 & 01 Jul 2002**|
Tenure of Commission
Selected candidates will be granted Short Service Commission initially for 10 years extendable by a maximum of 04 years in 02 terms (02 years + 02 years), subject to service requirement, performance, medical eligibility, and willingness of candidates.
- Shortlisting of applications will be based on the preference of entries and marks obtained by the candidates in the qualifying degree till the fifth semester.
- Candidates having a Naval ‘C’ certificate issued by the National Cadet Corps will be provided relaxation of 5% in cut-off marks for SSB shortlisting. However, at the time of extending the relaxation, the mandatory educational qualification of 60% marks in qualifying degree will be required at the time of shortlisting of candidates and a subsequent stage of selection
- No communication will be entertained in this regard.
- SSB interviews will be tentatively scheduled from Jul 21 onwards at Bangalore/ Bhopal/ Visakhapatnam / Kolkata.
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed about their shortlisting for SSB interview through e-mail or SMS (provided by candidates in their application form). Candidates are advised not to change their e-mail/mobile number till the selection process is over.
- SSB recommended candidates are required to undergo a medical examination as applicable to their entry. Change of medical hospital/center is not permissible under any circumstances.
- Merit list will have complied based on SSB. Candidates recommended by SSB and declared medically fit will be appointed for training based on the entry-wise merit list and the number of vacancies in the respective entry
For details regarding SSB procedure visit
- Candidates except Ex-Merchant Navy will be inducted into the rank of Sub Lieutenant. Ex-Merchant Navy candidates having Government of India, Ministry of Shipping & Transport Certificate of Competency(Foreign going) either as a Second Mate, Mate or Master will be inducted as Acting Lieutenant.
- Officers will undergo 44 weeks of training at Naval Academy Ezhimala followed by professional training at Naval Ships and training establishments as per extant regulation.
How to Apply
Candidates are to register and fill application on the Indian Navy website
Eligible candidates will be selected through
Application has been closed for this post. You may try other related jobs given below:
- IITM Pune Recruitment 2021 - VARIOUS PROJECT POSTS
- BECIL Recruitment 2021 - Handyman / Loader & Supervisor
- CSIR - CLRI Chennai Recruitment 2021 - Junior Secretariat Assistant vacancy | Apply now
- IGCAR recruitment 2021 - Posting in various categories
- Indian Maritime University IMU Chennai - Recruitment 2021 - Registrar, COE vacancies