THE INDIAN NAVY has been released the Job for SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION OFFICERS. Interested candidates can apply for this job on or before July 16, 2021. Application details have been included in the below post.
|Job Title||SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION OFFICERS|
|Organization||THE INDIAN NAVY|
|Job type||CENTRAL GOVT|
|Application opening date||July 2, 2021|
|Application closing date||July 16, 2021|
The Indian Navy is the naval branch of the Indian Armed Forces. The President of India is the Supreme Commander of the Indian Navy. The Chief of Naval Staff, a four-star admiral, commands the navy.
Applications are invited from unmarried eligible men candidates for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in Information Technology entry of Indian Navy under Special Naval Orientation Course for course commencing Jan 22 at Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala. Candidates must fulfill conditions of nationality as laid down by the Government of India.
Post details for INDIAN NAVY Recruitment 2021
|Post name||Branch/ Cadre|
|SSC X (IT)||Executive Branch|
Vacancies for Short Service Commission
|SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION||45|
Eligibility Conditions for Short Service Commission
Eligible streams of Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Technology and Other Qualifications
- BE/B.Tech with minimum 60% marks in Computer Science / Computer Engg. / IT
- M.Sc (Computer / IT)
- M.Tech (Computer Science / IT)
|Post name||Age limit|
|SSC X (IT)||02 Jan 1997 & 01 Jul 2002|
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, an exception is being made in the public interest wherein no INET (O) entrance examination for the ST – 22 course is being held for shortlisting candidates for SSB. The final merit list for induction will be prepared based only on SSB marks
- *These vacancies are tentative and may be changed depending on the availability of training slots.
- NCC Candidates. NCC ‘C’ certificate holders will be given relaxation in cut off marks towards shortlisting for SSB subject to the following conditions:-
- Having NCC ‘C’ certificate of Naval/Army/Air Wing with minimum ‘B’ Grade.
- Not served less than two academic years in the Senior Division, Naval/Army/Air Wing of the NCC.
- ‘C’ certificate should not be dated before 01 Jan 19.
- The final selection will be subject to verification of the certificate by DGNCC/concerned NCC unit for its validity. Candidature of individual will be canceled at any stage of selection/training/post-commissioning, in case of false declaration, misinformation, concealing of information
- Candidates are advised to ascertain their eligibility for cadre in respect to applicable medical standards, before submission of application.
- No equivalent stream of BE/ B.Tech/other qualifications other than those mentioned in para 2 above will be considered valid for the selection process at any stage.
- The probation period for SSC (IT) Officers is two years. The probation period will commence from the date of grant of the rank of Sub Lt and will terminate after two years or on completion of initial training (whichever is later). During probation, the officers are liable to be discharged in case of unsatisfactory performance at any stage.
- Only unmarried candidates are eligible for training. Any candidate who is found to be married or married while under training will be discharged from service and shall be liable to refund full pay & allowances drawn by him and other expenditures incurred on the candidate by the Government.
- If the officer voluntarily withdraws from initial training or resigns during the probationary period, he shall be required to refund the cost of training in whole or in part, as may be determined by Govt. & all money received by him as pay & allowances from the Govt. together with the interest on the said money calculated at the rate in force for Govt loans.
Who Can Apply for Short Service Commission
Candidates who have graduated/post-graduated with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA or are in the final year from a university incorporated by an Act of Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities/Autonomous Universities under UGC, Act 1956; IIT Act, 1961; AICTE Act, 1987; NITZER Act, 2007; IIIT Act, 2014
Obtained a degree in Engineering with 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA/System from such foreign university/college/institution recognized by the Government of India for Engineering Degree/equivalence certificate from Association of Indian Universities established under AIU, Act 1973, can apply. The candidate will, however, be required to fulfill the educational qualification stipulated above before joining INA. The candidate failing to meet stipulated educational criteria will not be permitted to join INA, Ezhimala. All SSB-recommended candidates would be required to inform their final result by 30 Nov 21 to Indian Navy on email id email@example.com.
Tenure of Commission
Selected candidates will be granted Short Service Commission initially for 10 years extendable by a maximum of 04 years in 02 terms (02 years + 02 years), subject to service requirement, performance, medical eligibility, and willingness of candidates.
Selection Procedure for Short Service Commission
The selection procedure is as follows:-
- Shortlisting of applications will be based on normalized marks obtained by the candidates in the qualifying degree. Marks obtained by the candidates in the qualifying degree will be normalized using formulae mentioned in Join Indian Navy website URL: http://www.joinindiannavy.gov.in/files/normalisation_ssc_jan_22.pdf
- No communication will be entertained in this regard.
- Their SSB interviews will be tentatively scheduled from Aug 21 onwards at Bangalore/ Bhopal/ Visakhapatnam / Kolkata. Change of SSB Centre for an interview is not permissible under any circumstances.
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed about their shortlisting for SSB interview through e-mail or SMS (provided by candidates in their application form). Candidates are advised not to change their e-mail/mobile number till the selection process is over.
- SSB Procedure For details regarding SSB procedure visit http://www.joinindiannavy.gov.in/
Training for Short Service Commission
- Candidates will be inducted in the rank of Sub Lieutenant
- Officers of SSC (IT) will undergo 04 weeks Naval Orientation Course at the Naval Academy, Ezhimala. This will be followed by professional training at Naval Ships and training establishments as per extant regulation.
How to Apply for Short Service Commission - Indian Navy
Candidates are to register and fill applications on the Indian Navy website http://www.joinindiannavy.gov.in/. for SSC (IT) w.e.f 02 Jul 21. To save time during the application submission window, candidates can fill in their details and upload documents in advance.
Application has been closed for this post. You may try other related jobs given below:
- Jobs at SEBI with a salary of Rs 45,000 | Apply now!
- ESIC Model Hospital cum ODC, Mumbai - Senior Resident
- Indian Navy Recruitment 2021 - Sailor & SSR Posting | Apply now
- NIT, Tiruchirappalli - Temporary Medical Officer, Staff Nurse
- TNHRCE marudhamalai Recruitment 2021 - Medical officer and Nurse posting | Apply now